Embedded linux development platform

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:12:12 MST 2010

well if you want to build a drop in place appliance there is the
r-path platform that is designed for just this sort of thing, and it
has an update tool for any packages you put into it.

it is the foundation for a number of appliance distros, openfiler being one.

I know you were more into the hardware side of things.

but if you do it right you can build on this kind of hardware
http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/

and it will give you a good amount of flexibility.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Marco Savo <savomarco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm lloking for an embedded platform where develop for linux where I can put
> asterisk, firewall, router, plug computing etc. I can use openwrt on a
> router, but maybe I can have something more powerful.
>
> I was thinking of the Marvell sheeva plug, already on the market, but
> doesn't have wifi. The new Marvell presented at CES has wifi, but you can't
> buy their development platform.
>
> Which embedded linux platform would you use to play with? even a phone, the
> pandora console, etc. but something not so expensive
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> 'The Magic Is In the Movement'
>
>             ___