command line image display options?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Fri Jan 1 11:56:46 MST 2010

What command line syntax could I use to display a jpg image
to a specified screen size?

I currently use both kview and kuickshow to do this, but when I use:

$ kview image.jpg

I get the following continuously running "warning" message:

kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.

Also, it displays images with a title bar and menu bar that I would
like to eliminate.

$ kuickshow image.jpg

works better without any error or warning message, but still has a title bar
that I would like to eliminate.

Ideas/suggestions please?