Site whoring...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 15 23:34:51 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 23:12 -0700, David Huerta wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > Just launched a new web site for a friend/customer... about 6 weeks of
> > development time **whew**
> >
> > http://www.allasianmassage.com
> >
> > (a little rushed but seems to be pretty stable and pretty well
> > debugged... no money/time for TDD)
> >

> If I may ask, what's the general compensation rate for Rails site dev
> for a site with this sort of functionality?
----
this is built on 'gap' time (bottom priority) but I did this for a fixed
fee and I am still not quite finished because I still have to add
'credit cards', redo the splash page, reports and more and there is so
much 'back end' that you don't see... but it was several thousand
dollars. Since it is for a friend and I have been less than fully
employed lately, it was a bargain  ;-)

In essence, there are 15 classes (or models in MVC parlance) and there
really is only 5 that are visible to the site visitor. There is a fair
amount of 'messaging' built in, account management, sales people,
commissions, text/markup tag sanitizing, etc.

If someone wants a free membership, contact me off-list.

Craig

believed to be clean.