Help for my mom

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:30:17 MST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 08. Feb, 2010 Kevin Fries [said]:
>
>  I am a full card carrying geek in the Denver Metro area, so I doubt any of
>> you know me.  We have a group like yours up here called CLUE (Colorado
>> Linux
>> Users & Enthusiasts) which I volunteer my expertise at all the time, so I
>> think you guys are there, very similar to who we are here.
>>

> Welcome to PLUG.
>
>  My mother lives in Litchfield Park near Camelback and Dysart.  Generally I
>> can walk her through problems over the phone, but I think she has a
>> serious
>> hardware issue, and it is causing a hard crash of the system.  She was on
>> vacation, and when she returned, it was crashing hard.  It was Kernel
>> Panic-ing the other day, but now she seems to get to her Gnome Desktop
>> (oh,
>> Ubuntu 8.04 btw) then it does not let her do anything.  I was going to try
>> to get her to rename, and recreate her home directory, but the system does
>> not seem to be stable long enough to allow her to do this.
>>

> Have her contact Red Seven, a local Linux company that provides GNU/Linux
> support. As an added bonus for your situation, they mostly work with
> Ubuntu.
>
> www.RedSevenLinux.com
>
> The nearest office is likely the Mesa office, but the Tempe office
> wouldn't be much further. I think they'll do pick up for a fee and I'm
> sure they'll do in home service.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> [...]

sorry about the late "hit", here;
I did not see this before...

> The nearest office is likely the Mesa office, but the Tempe office
> wouldn't be much further. I think they'll do pick up for a fee and I'm
> sure they'll do in home service.

This part does not sound right; Now, "in Litchfield Park near Camelback and
Dysart"
is WAY on the West side of town, so Mesa would be even further away than
Tempe;
and some other location of "Red 7" might be closer than either one of
those...
(does the Camelback Road location of "Red 7", about 20th Street, in
Phoenix, still exist?)

PS:  I have been to Red 7 before, and I have done business there, (circa
Aug./Sep. 2006),
but only at the Mesa branch, and the [Phoenix] one on Camelback Rd about
20th Street.

HTH,
--
Mike Schwartz