Help for my mom

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Feb 8 19:27:17 MST 2010

Am 08. Feb, 2010 schwätzte Kevin Fries so:

moin moin Kevin,

> I am a full card carrying geek in the Denver Metro area, so I doubt any of
> you know me.  We have a group like yours up here called CLUE (Colorado Linux
> Users & Enthusiasts) which I volunteer my expertise at all the time, so I
> think you guys are there, very similar to who we are here.

Welcome to PLUG.

> My mother lives in Litchfield Park near Camelback and Dysart.  Generally I
> can walk her through problems over the phone, but I think she has a serious
> hardware issue, and it is causing a hard crash of the system.  She was on
> vacation, and when she returned, it was crashing hard.  It was Kernel
> Panic-ing the other day, but now she seems to get to her Gnome Desktop (oh,
> Ubuntu 8.04 btw) then it does not let her do anything.  I was going to try
> to get her to rename, and recreate her home directory, but the system does
> not seem to be stable long enough to allow her to do this.

Have her contact Red Seven, a local Linux company that provides GNU/Linux
support. As an added bonus for your situation, they mostly work with
Ubuntu.

www.RedSevenLinux.com

The nearest office is likely the Mesa office, but the Tempe office
wouldn't be much further. I think they'll do pick up for a fee and I'm
sure they'll do in home service.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.