runaway process udisks-daemon and how to resolve?

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 01:52:02 MST 2010

hmmm.
I haven't used XFCE in a better part of 7 years. I don't even know if it can be made keyboard controlled only. Guess I'll have to find out.

btw, the udisks-daemon problem occurs every time I restart the machine and always at random intervals after startup regardless of system load. it makes this very difficult to have any accessibility options for a portable device outside of my windows smartphone (ugh!).

btw, does anyone happen to know if hall (Hardware Abstraction Layer) has any poison pills I should be aware of?

-Eric