runaway process udisks-daemon and how to resolve?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 18:09:32 MST 2010

Have you tried setting nice. Might be a more graceful bandaid.
On Dec 21, 2010 5:23 PM, "Technomage Hawke" <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>
wrote:
> ok,
> I've tried searching for a resolution through the debian bug reporting
system without any usable results. I keep having a random occurrence of
udisks-daemon causing my powerbook G3 to start locking up. I can killall it
but that takes some time (as the keyboard gets locked up along with the rest
of the machine).

> is there a module that calls this process? I have been unable to find a
binary on the HD with this name. I suspect that it may be part of the dubs
system, but with no useful information, I can't do any more without help.

> this is rather important as this is my only accessible notebook and I DO
NOT have the resources to just go out and buy another one. to continue,
after killing the above named rogue process, the machine stabilizes for a
short time and then ORCA (the talking desktop for the blind) starts getting
increasingly unstable eventually crashing completely.

> I don't like to ask for help here as I generally get the impression that I
am an inconvenience (I'm sorry that I can't help that I am blind AND
unemployed, but thats what life dealt me and I have to deal with it).

> anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue on
my PPC G3 750, I'd welcome the input.