runaway process udisks-daemon and how to resolve?

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:23:15 MST 2010

ok,
I've tried searching for a resolution through the debian bug reporting system without any usable results. I keep having a random occurrence of udisks-daemon causing my powerbook G3 to start locking up. I can killall it but that takes some time (as the keyboard gets locked up along with the rest of the machine).

is there a module that calls this process? I have been unable to find a binary on the HD with this name. I suspect that it may be part of the dubs system, but with no useful information, I can't do any more without help.

this is rather important as this is my only accessible notebook and I DO NOT have the resources to just go out and buy another one. to continue, after killing the above named rogue process, the machine stabilizes for a short time and then  ORCA (the talking desktop for the blind) starts getting increasingly unstable eventually crashing completely.

I don't like to ask for help here as I generally get the impression that I am an inconvenience (I'm sorry that I can't help that I am blind AND unemployed, but thats what life dealt me and I have to deal with it).

anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue on my PPC G3 750, I'd welcome the input.

-Eric