Galaxy Geforce 9500 gt video card? Thanks

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 06:21:52 MST 2010

Thanks for the help. Using it right now and all day yesterday. Running puppy 5.1.1 off rom right now. Have 10.10 k/ubuntu from magazines I picked up. Been on 7 different distro's in the last 24 hrs. And no hd! Love linux, try that with the 'doze.

Maybe I didn't explain it well, but this mobo has NO video. Should have 'seen' (yes, I DO have 'end stage' glaucoma per dr's and was diagnosed on 10/29 with 'wet type' macular degeneration in the lead trouble maker/eye) that it didn't have a video card built in. Plain as day when I got it home! Oh, well. I have had two 'puters' on board video die over the last 20 years.. Neat having it on a separate board again. The 'old box' is one with quick, screwless drive/slot clamps, so easy to swap stuff. MOBO still screwed and so is the new p/s

Probably somewhat once in awhile better off with a separate card for something.

And possibly a working old sata drive from the p4 that MIGHT still be working. Hoping to off load the 'stuff' on it tho before I install it or new stuff on it.
.

73
Ed/ke7feg
Ah, cooler weather finally! April can wait!!
Golden Years = Our 'Gold' going to medical care!