SPAM on PLUGSITE

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Dec 15 14:46:52 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:48:03PM -0700, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> We simply cannot allow these bots to spam the site; PLUG is an older Drupal
> that doesn't include the "human verification" tests.

These human verification tests you refer to, often include CAPTCHA.
As far as I'm concerned, most CAPTCHA schemes are evil and I say that
because blind people who use audio or Braille screen readers can never
parse the information displayed in the little pretty pictures they
show.  Some audio CAPTCHA drills make for an alternative but then deaf
blind users are still excluded.  I don't know aht all human type tests
are available in Drupal but I would be most interested in evaluating
any of these if PLUG should move to such Drupal versions and wish to
implement any of these.

Sorry for any whining but just looking out for my rights to equal
access. <smile>