Booting from a USB Drive

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Dec 12 20:15:33 MST 2010

In Arch linux, that conf file is found in /etc so /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
should do it.  I just inserted usb in the list of hook entries just
following the autodetect item.  You should probably run mkinitcpio but
I didn't know the exact parameters I might need so what I did as a
lazy Arch Linux user  was to simply re-install the kernel26 package;
that automatically regenerates the RAM disk image for us.  Then I
rebooted and the damn thing worked! <smile>