The Sysadmin career field outlook

Shawn Badger shawn at badger.pro
Wed Dec 8 10:19:04 MST 2010

I would have to politely disagree with the previous 2 postings. I see
a lot of sys admin jobs out there. But like any profession it is
having the right skills at the right time. I think Linux admins with
enterprise experience are in demand now. But the key is having a broad
base of knowledge and choosing you speciality  to match what you have
talent for and what the market is looking for.

I see the career path for the admin is moving up to system engineering
and or then to IT management.

For a good idea of what people are looking for in the market just
start looking at all the jobs posted in the field you are wanting to
get in to. That should give you a good idea of what skills they are
generally looking for.

Good luck!!