OT tablet readers.

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Dec 5 09:24:11 MST 2010

I am curious about your experiences with tablet readers. I have a Kindle and
love it, but I am interested in the greater capabilites of a tablet. Part of
the hype that differentiates the tablets from the e-ink devices is the
following. E-ink advocates say that reading a tablet can cause more eye
strain than an e-ink device because the brightness of the screen does not
vary with the ambient light. They analogy they use is "like having a
flashlight shining in your eyes." Since e-ink devices depend on ambient
light (ie are a reflective light technology), they are more like reading
from a page of paper than a computer screen. Have you had any issues reading
for a long time with tablets?

Thanks!

Mark

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:12 AM, James Finstrom <jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com