Small & Quiet PC recommendations

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:12:43 MST 2010

Id reccomend the acer revo. Highly.

On Aug 27, 2010 4:39 PM, "AZ Pete" <subs2 at cactusfamily.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I currently have a linux box that I use to serve MP3s, Videos, etc. as well
as storing backups of emails and documents.
Basically it's serving as a file storage box.  However, I need to replace
this box as it's starting to fail (old hardware).

What I want to replace it with is a small footprint, ultra quiet PC of some
kind. Since this box just stores files it doesn't need much in the way of
CPU horsepower.  But the main thing I want is for it to be quiet. I'm tired
of listening to fan noise and hard drive hum in my office (relocating it
somewhere else in the house isn't viable).

My thoughts are that it wouldn't even need a large hard drive installed,
since I currently use an external USB 1.5Tb drive (which is completely
silent) to store all of said files.

Does anyone have recommendations for such an animal?
Quiet is the main engineering requirement here, horsepower secondary. Cheap
is good too!

Thanks for all your help!
Peter