OT: Win: Starting a windows enterprise admin group

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Aug 26 12:56:02 MST 2010

The netlogon doesn't have permissions listed but profiles does; it seems the
group name of the directory was mostly the issue (root):
[Profiles]
path = /home/e-smith/files/samba/profiles
writeable = yes
browseable = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
csc policy = disable
hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/e-smith/files/samba/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
browseable = no

SME server uses a bunch of templates and has a system for building the
smb.conf file that I'm still learning how to use such as:

db configuration setprop smb RecycleBin enabled
db configuration setprop smb KeepVersions enabled
signal-event group-modify shared
signal-event group-modify domain-admins
signal-event group-modify domain-users

I really hate using a bleeding edge version but I'll make it work :)
JD