Recommendations for server hardware (1U and 2U)..

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Aug 21 16:49:43 MST 2010

I have to go with Brian on this.  One company I know is running around 20,000 SuperMicro servers, and very few fail anything but a hot-swap hard drive.
The various components are bolt-standard, but the motherboards and chassis's are custom engineered.
SuperMicro custom designs their motherboards and chassis's; hundreds of other vendors whitebox the SuperMicro servers.