Recommendations for server hardware (1U and 2U)..

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Aug 21 00:14:07 MST 2010

I've been running more SuperMicro servers the past couple years.
No major issues with several different Linux distros, multiple BSD's.
Their IPMI firmware is particularly nice with the option for full remote console (including GUI if you have one installed) via a dedicated ethernet port.

Their Blade servers are nice for virtual systems, or the Twin2 (2RU/4servers) chassis.

They also have good high density storage servers with 36 hot-swap 3.5" drives in 4RU and a new chassis due soon with 72 2.5" hot-swap drives in 4RU.  The JBOD expanders (45 drives in 4RU) are good for NFS file servers and backup servers.