Running BIND for home network name resolution

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:39:51 MST 2010

Hello all,
I want to setup FQDNs for my home network. Does anyone have a good tutorial
on setting up BIND for a Mac/Windows/*nix environment? I was hoping to keep
DHCP from my router (it supports static DHCP - yes I know that's
contradictory).
I have a dynDNS account, <mynet>.dyndns.org.

I want to be able to assign names like

macbook.<mynet>.dyndns.org for my macbook
crappy.<mynet>.dyndns.org for my windows machine
e-server.<mynet>.dyndns.org for my freebsd server

My googling has come up short, mostly because my search terms are lame.
Anyone have any ideas? tips? tutorials? good search terms? I don't want to
rely on hosts files.

Thanks,
Eric