Computer for a good kid...

Tim Bogart timbogart at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 22:23:01 MST 2010

Hi all,

Well, I still haven't found work, and I'm trying to help one of my neighbors
out.

There's a young man living with his father four doors down from me.  He's going
to ITT Tech tomorrow to see about getting in to one of their computer or IT
programs.  He doesn't have a computer.  He can't buy one.  No money.  Times are
hard.  He is staying with his father and his father is on disability and waiting
for a kidney.  He goes to dialysis every week.  I told him (his father, Dean
(the son's name is Isaac)) I would put this note out on the list and see if
there was anybody who could donate a spare computer to his cause.  His father
indicated that he already has Cox cable and could probably get basic internet
service.  I told him that this was conditional that if it happened, the computer
would come with Linux on it and that it was NOT to be replaced with Windows.  He
has learned of my accomplishments and trusts my judgment.  I told him that he
would learn a lot more about computers and programming with Linux than he would
ever learn with Windows.  I've got him pumped about Linux.

Anyway, if anyone thinks they can help this young man, I'd like to hear from
you.

Good on all y'all,

Tim B.