which t-mobile android phone?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 3 11:24:33 MST 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 10:30 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> I have read extensively that they can all be rooter. I picked the HTC
> Hero because I prefer sprint over verizon even though down here at the
> ends of the earth sprint does not have 3g coverage unlike verizon, I
> still like it better. On top of that, HTC has been the primary company
> google is working with to develop android, though that may soon change
> I read somewhere. So I thought it would likely have better support. I
> am irritated that I am still running 1.5, but I'm trying to be patient
> with Sprint and wait for the update to come.... which I might not get
> because I'm not on an EVDO RevA network... So I'm waiting to see.
>

> I would love to root my phone, but I have not had the time to read up
> and study enough and the plethora of different roms has quite frankly
> scared me away. I don't even know where to begin in flashing my
> phone.  It seems like some roms enable one thing and disable
> another... So I'll simply wait for the official release. What I would
> like to see is HTC release a stock Android for people using the HTC
> phone that don't care for the sense interface! Sense is nice, but not
> worth being this far behind for!
----
HTC really is making some great phones so there's no danger there and it
appears that they have some great phones on the horizon for this summer.

Pretty simple google search gives you many options for the HTC Hero...
http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/27/how-to-root-your-htc-hero-in-one-click/
is just one of many options.

HTC is not going to release any phones, Android or Windows OS without
their 'Sense UI' - if you want life without, you have to provide for
yourself.

Craig

believed to be clean.