OT: Phone Warz -Google and Android Lock Antennae

AZ RUNE arizona.rune at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:46:05 MST 2009

I went and read the article in full and I say that my views runs with the
writer of the article.  It really doesn't sound like the MOD'er, "Cyanogen”
tried to do anything deliberately to redistribute the non-open source
applications Google includes on the G1 (mine is white, so I was intrigued by
this article). He just included the them because they left the binaries out
there for people.  "Cyanogen” just grabbed them and compiled them because
Google didn't pay enough attention to what it lay out there for people to
play with.  Also, given how the OOBUE (Out Of Box User Experience) anchors
the G1 to a gmail account it would seem natural to include the app if the
binary was avaiiable and out in the open to download.  Google needs to be
more precise what portions they consider open-source.  I suppose - having
not read further into this thought - they need the make the non-FOSS stuff
available in the market place if they can no longer distribute these CSS
(Closed Source Software) app's when they release a MOD'ed version of
Android.

My 2 yen :-)

Brian