battery problem

mike havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:05:14 MST 2009

Yea, sometimes the fan does seem louder than usual.This is a laptop we're
talking about though. Do you think I should crack it open and blow it out or
just replace the brick. I was further thinking that because the brick seems
to fluctuate it's power supply less frequently (the power is more
consistent) that if I were to replace the battery it would fix the problem
because the battery has never been replaced and it is about 5 years old.

On 10/29/09, Dorian Monroe <dorian.monroe at cox.net> wrote:

> Check the fans to be sure they're blowing and there aren't any obstructions
> or clogged up with dust.  Or if the fans seem to be running on high
> constantly (or spinning up to a higher rpm frequently).
>
> My Thinkpad T60 was overheating and shutting itself down once in a while
> due to overheating, mostly when playing WoW (windows) or anything else that
> did a lot of graphics processing.  I opened it up and cleaned off the old
> heat sink compound and applied some new grease and its been running fine.  I
> also use a laptop cooler whenever possible, that plugs into the usb port
> that allows better air circulation than having it sit flat on a table.
>

> Sent from my blackberry