battery problem

Dorian Monroe dorian.monroe at cox.net
Thu Oct 29 12:15:33 MST 2009

Check the fans to be sure they're blowing and there aren't any obstructions or clogged up with dust.  Or if the fans seem to be running on high constantly (or spinning up to a higher rpm frequently).

My Thinkpad T60 was overheating and shutting itself down once in a while due to overheating, mostly when playing WoW (windows) or anything else that did a lot of graphics processing.  I opened it up and cleaned off the old heat sink compound and applied some new grease and its been running fine.  I also use a laptop cooler whenever possible, that plugs into the usb port that allows better air circulation than having it sit flat on a table.

Sent from my blackberry