ABLEconf Media

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Oct 25 22:17:38 MST 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Ryan Rix <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> So ABLEconf was this weekend and I want to extend a HUGE 'thanks' to
> everyone
> involved and attending the event. It was a pretty awesome day for everyone,
> and barring a few mixups in scheduling it was a good show.
>
> I'd like to extend special thanks to Lisa and everyone else who volunteered
> record presentations. If anyone with recordings of the presentations could
> contact me offlist at this address, that would be awesome. I would like to
> have the presentations available via an ABLEconf blip.tv channel so that
> anyone can see some of the awesome presentations we had at the event.

Thanks!  I would have liked to get everyone for a few minutes, but various
emergencies drew me away from roaming, none the least was the battery time
on my cheap DVD camera!  ...Next year...perhaps perfection?  I apologise if
I didn't get to record a bit of your presentation, but those that we did get
a good segment for were going to YouTube where I discussed this with you,
and shared on the blip.tv channel.  I recorded in less than 10 minute
segments to lay onto youtube.com since the files are huge with good sound
(which can be reduced, etc...).

Please Ryan, get me a login or whatever so I can upload them directly?  If
not, I can burn media and drop them off to Brian or someone at Deru?

> Other than video, I noticed that many folks were taking photography.
> ABLEconf
> has an official facebook 'fan' page at
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/ABLEconf/35748074360 which we use as one of
> our
> public faces. Unfortunately this page is pretty lacking of photos, even
> from
> our 2008 event. If you took any photos, it would be awesome if you could
> become a fan of us on facebook and upload some photos, and tag them if
> possible.

Does AbleConf twitter have an EMAIL twitpic address?  Can I just upload
these with my login/friends?

If so, I have a ton of iPhone pics to send to it?

> Thanks a lot,
> Ryan Rix
> ABLEconf Presentations Committee Chair
>
> --
> Ryan Rix
> Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer
>
> http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
> XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
> AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
> IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
>      countless other FOSS channels.

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452