ot - I got a call today

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Oct 21 09:25:15 MST 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, mike havens wrote:

> This call was from Atlanta, Georgia. 770.999.0000 was the number. After a
> little research I found out about ID Spoofing. Was this a soofed number? Or
> else is 0000 a special number or something like that? The call was from
> someone verifying an application 'I' filled out.I don't think so!

perhaps spoofed, but is seems to be an assigned block

NANPA: Assigned Atlanta Nw, Georgia (Bellsouth Telecomm INC
 	DBA Southern Bell TEL & TEL)

per http://whocalled.us/lookup/7709990000

A person who controls a SS-7 switch through a PRI can do
amazing things as to the displayed 'caller ID' to an end
customer

-- Russ herrold