off-site backup plan

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Tue Oct 20 04:42:46 MST 2009

I would install a second eth? adapter in the "real" machine and have a cheap
puter with a cold-swap SATA bay connected to it.
Every nite I wold WOL the little sucker, run the backup over the dedicated
Ethernet, and shut it down.
Any hardware failure (other than the Ethernet) can be dealt with with cheap
hardware and outside the boundaries of the server.
YMMV...    :)
ET