udev renames ethernet interfaces?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:28:44 MST 2009

ubuntu 9.04 from /var/log/messages

ifserver kernel: [    9.611230] udev: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1

BTW, this is the ethernet port on the motherboard.  I assume that it was
originally known as eth0.  But when a PCI ethernet card was added, I was
surprised to see it listed as eth0 and the motherboard as eth1.  Apparently
now that the machine is back to only having the MB ethernet, udev is still
wanting to call it eth1.  Probably a better idea than trying to find and fix
all references to eth0 and eth1.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson