Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:55:37 MST 2009

Steven A. DuChene wrote:

> I have been requested to load a duplicate system based on the
> list of rpms present on the original system. This is a CentOS
> based system so I looked at the kickstart file but rather than
> working with a list of rpms it uses a list of higher level
> packages that then reference groups of rpms to make up each
> package.
>
> Does anyone know of a tool that would allow me to do a fresh
> load of a bare system based on a list of desired rpms?

On source:
rpm -qa --qf "install %{name}\n" > file.out

On target:
yum shell file.out

as root.

You can trim that list to fit. It's how I did a complete reinstall of my
system when I switched harddrives, and if I understand your issue, that
should work for you.

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat Writer

Please refrain from mailing me directly in replies, I am subsribing
via GMane NNTP. Thank you.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.