IRC Channel Access

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:13:13 MST 2009

Sean Parsons wrote:
> Is freenode the only access to PLUG-AZ? I seem to have been kicked out of a
> channel because my "router" is buggy, some exploit they say I am susceptible
> to and there for are banned from the #Ubuntu channel entirely. The ops think
> its funny to gang up and pelt you with conflicting answers and when you call
> them on their behavior you get lectured on net etiquette, kettle?
>

> Needless to say I am too old for kid games, is there another server that has
> access to the channel?
>

> Sean Parsons

well, when we first setup the irc chan, freenode was generally a nicer
place. It may be
a bit more populated with children these days. I am not sure we have any
other
chans on any other network. I could try setting up a private server
again but I really don't want
the work and all that this entails (I was, after all, the original
maintainer of the chan when it was
on the private server so long ago). I am open to suggestions as to where
else we can host it
(EFnet is still around).