Cheap Linux compatible video cards

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:03:06 MST 2009

I have seen both nvidia and ATI cards die from a myriad of reasons.

Its the manufacturer of the card that speaks to the overal stability
of the card. XFX EVGA BFG ASUS and GIGABYTE as the most stable fro
Nvidia (and some ATI) builds. this is from personal experience. for
aTI cards i like Sapphire and HIS also for best stability.

The 2xx GTX coolers are not what they should be i think and in close
quarters or power supplies that are not quite up to the task you will
have heat/power issues that will have cards die.

bu this is in higher end cards. and for my personal experience in 3d
graphics and Linux Nvidia has better drivers right now. only reason i
suggest it. and might as well use the full customer base to review
hardware stability Windows or Linux OS is not as important as what the
hardware did and why.

Stephen