Can Firefox be updated without affecting the rest of my system?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:14:40 MST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> I just don't understand how separate Firefox is from the rest of the
> operating system
> and how risky it might be to try updating Firefox.  Could that be done
> with zero risk
> to any disruption of my operating system?

FireFox can be upgraded without such worries. It's not really integrated
into anything kernel-wise etc. If you had XUL applications on your system
(MediaCoder for example) there is a small possibility they would break.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.