Why am I getting 100 times more spam than others?

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:10:10 MST 2009

Nobody has asked what your email account is, is somebody at gmail.com ??? Or Do
you have gmail receiving the  joe at actionline one ?

I have a gmail account, I don't get any spam, and I haven't set any filters,
gmail does a good job on it's own.

Next I would ask if this is your doing or someone who doesn't like you. What
I mean is are you signing up to lots of things and leaving your email
address everywhere, or Maybe someone else is signing you up for different
mailing lists on purpose.

If either is the case, I would suggest you get a new gmail address, and stop
giving it out, except to the most important people you want to talk to.

What mail reader are you using, have you tried adding filters to your mail
reader ?

Like someone else added, have another email for signing up for things, like
at yahoo (lol) where mine is.

But really if it's overwhelming like you say, I think the best answer is to
get a new email address.