mysql_connect won't when run from web server

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Sun May 24 16:18:10 MST 2009

But if that was the problem then the command line invocation on the Apache
server should not work. I.E. if it was a port or firewall issue.

>> Can't connect to MySQL server on 'Mysql' (13)
>> in /home/minime/public_html/testmysqlconnect_script.php on line 6
>
>Are you running in safe mode?  Is Mysql's mysqld listening on port 3306?  Is
>there any firewall in the way on that port?

BTW not that I really think it makes any difference but the Apache system
is running Fedora9 while the Mysql system is a OpenSuSE-10.1 system.
Both are running the standard distribution rpm packages for the various
bits&pieces (apache, mysql, php, and etc).