Best first programming language

David Demland demland at cox.net
Tue May 19 07:23:28 MST 2009

At the risk of starting a flame war I would say the best is C#. If you look
at both Tech Republic and CIO Magazine both have had articles in the last
four or five months that listed .Net in the top ten skill sets for the
current economy. Also as our office has been in the shutdown mode since
November I have been scanning over 20 different job boards since and
overwhelming there are more job posting for C# .Net Web programmers than any
other area.

If your goal is to get a job as a business programmer it seems that C# and
.Net will give you the best chance to get a job.

Just my observations.

David