Truly Free phones?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:26:29 MST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:13 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 14. Mai, 2009 schwätzte Ryan Rix so:
>
> What about the Palm Pre with Sprint? How open will it be? I'm pretty sure
> it's locked to Sprint for a while, but will we be able to do our own
> updates and add non-signed apps?

Runs GNU/Linux but all applications are written on top of a web browser
layer in html css js. No C native applications and no sdk to develop them
have even been hinted at. Could be like the iPhone where it will be released
eventually but I am not so sure... That's why I didn't even mention it.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.