Truly Free phones?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri May 15 11:13:56 MST 2009

Am 14. Mai, 2009 schwätzte Ryan Rix so:

moin moin,

> Why hasn't the FSF done anything about this as much as cell phones are a
> part of this culture?

The FSF does a lot. If you want it to do more get directly involved and
make donations :). Make donations to EFF as well :).

Is the Krave ZN4 out there and do we have access to make updates?

What about the Palm Pre with Sprint? How open will it be? I'm pretty sure
it's locked to Sprint for a while, but will we be able to do our own
updates and add non-signed apps?

There used to be an A1200 or something like that from Motorola. Had I
known about it years ago I'd've probably moved to it.

http://koolu.com/

So,

OpenMoko/FreeRunner
Android/FreeRunner
Android/G1
Pre
Krave ZN4

Anything else on the list? It's great that we have 4 phones to choose
from. We need to support them.

Tuna will be helping me update my OpenMoko at the Avondale Stammtisch
Wednesday if I don't get to it this weekend.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Wer bereit ist, grundlegende Freiheiten aufzugeben, um sich
#  kurzfristige Sicherheit zu verschaffen, der hat weder Freiheit
#  noch Sicherheit verdient.  --  Benjamin Franklin  (1706 - 1790)