Looking for Laptop Suggestions

Greg Furmanek greg at ttiltd.com
Tue May 12 20:01:06 MST 2009

Hi Mark,

As much as I would like to recommend a Linux system at this time the best
hardware you can buy is a Mac.  I know some say that the premium $ is not
worth it but after using one for over 2 years I have nothing better to
recommend.

BTW, the price is way worth it and it's based on a solid unix OS.
At this point even if I was strictly running Linux I would by Mac hardware.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

- Greg

Mark Phillips wrote:
> My oldest is heading off to college in the Fall, and she needs to take
> a laptop with her. She has used Linux all her life, but only from
> Gnome, so Windows, Mac, Linux are all "the same" to her. She is a
> journalist, not a computer geek. Anyway, one significant requirement
> is for iTunes to work with her iTouch (i.e. buy music and download to
> her iTouch). I have not been able to get Wine/iTunes to work with
> Debian, so I have resorted to a single Windows computer just for a few
> games and iTunes at home.
>
> Any recommendations (1) for laptops and (2) how to keep her using
> Linux and not shelling out extra bucks for a Mac, or heaven forbid, a
> Windows machine?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

believed to be clean.