idea -- site offers free wiki [hosting] (was: Re: BlenderCAD: day and time)

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Tue May 12 12:03:48 MST 2009

I also have an idea -- a suggestion to check out the free wiki [hosting]
service available at
   http://www.wikispaces.com/site/pricing
but since it is also outside the scope of the "day and time" thread, I
decided to create this sub-thread or "branch".
    If the BlenderCAD initiative does need (well, if it could use) a wiki,
then I think this might save some hassle, -- of running / managing a server.
   Of course, if the BlenderCAD initiative were some kind of proprietary
company project, then maybe some of the ideas on the wiki might be trade
secrets or not-yet-patented inventions, or something -- so then, it
might not be appropriate to keep the [wiki] info on someone else's server;
 but since this is more like a non-profit cooperative joint venture to
create / improve some FLOSS (isn't it?) therefore, this ["free" wiki] idea
should be OK.  (right?)
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ