Looking for Laptop Suggestions

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue May 12 08:56:41 MST 2009

"As for jounalism...she should re-evaluate because it is an industry in a
death spiral."

This is true, but is it because of quality journalism or not... i gave
up paying attention because i kept getting bombarded with crap instead
of insightful information and the like... quality journalists can help
that "death spiral"

that being said she has a tough line cut out for her.

on the netbook idea, they are pretty fantastic, My company has an Eee
PC 901 and a few  Acer Aspire 1's

Both are nice with their specific quirks.. the EeePC has more ram
available (2gb vs the aspire 1's 1.5GB) but the one we have
specifcally has this goofy little SSD thats split in 8gb and 4gb
partitions, which is ok for little stuff or if you plan on having an
external HDD of some sort for large bits of data. but it has built in
bluetooth. hate the keyboard tho as i have large hands, the aspire
ones has the sata hd and larger keys for the keybaord but the fan can
be audible and no bluetooth. and ACER's support is iffy at best.

System 76 has a netbook and there is a samsung one thats pretty nice.
but i do have to say the 9.04 netbook remix is good on both the Aspire
1 and the EeePC 901 with no hiccups yet found.

Stephen