OT: Problems with GoDaddy SSL cert request

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Wed May 6 16:29:41 MST 2009

Has anyone ever had issues with GoDaddy SSL certs? We have several with
them and on Tues I purchased a cert, and after submitting the signing
request I got this email:

/*"Due to filters in our system your certificate request has been
flagged for additional review. In order to proceed with your request we
will need a live site to review. Please upload a site and let us know
once that site is available for us to view. Alternately, you may provide
a formal letter of the intended use of your site. Please make sure to
include your name and signature on the document. Please have the letter
faxed to..."
*/
WTF? What "filter" would flag an SSL cert request, especially when we
have other domains and certs already with them? The live site is not
ready yet, so I faxed them the letter of intent at 8am this morning, and
as of now the cert is still pending with status message "Awaiting Live
Site or Letter of Intent".  I emailed their support and just got a
canned response back.

Yeah there is a plethora of other places I could get a cert, but getting
them all from the same place makes it easier to manage renewals etc.