looking for db recommendation

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 12:31:02 MST 2009

If you install and use PhpMyAdmin you can easily import a CSV I assume you can export from access in that format.

I searched on "import CSV into mysql" and found a few sites that looked helpful.  You would be doing so on the command line if you follow these tutorials.

Search this page for CSV  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data.html  and you will see the following.

 LOAD DATA INFILE can be used to read files obtained from external sources. For example, many programs can export data in comma-separated values (CSV) format, such that lines have fields separated by commas and enclosed within double quotes. If lines in such a file are terminated by newlines, the statement shown here illustrates the field- and line-handling options you would use to load the file:

LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE tbl_name
  FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"'
  LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';

---
I hope this helps.

Keith Smith