Cross-platform virtual meetings

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Mar 23 13:32:42 MST 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Joe wrote:

> My company is in the process of trying to set up virtual meetings,
> including things like screencasting/sharing, voice, video, whiteboard,
> etc. The office is all Mac, our clients are mostly Windows, and I'm on
> Linux.

I pitched something like this for the CentOS GSoC application
-- see:  http://wiki.centos.org/GSOC/Projects at
 	Reference VVW Squawk Box
as I am pretty sure that FOSS space does not have a nice
bundel doing all this (although the pieces and parts seem to
be all pretty well done).  As the CentOS project was not
selected in last week's round of projects, we'll not have an
intern working this issue

BUT,  nothing says doing the further task decomposition and
implementation has to be a GSoC project, though

-- Russ herrold