Is my DVD burner beginning to fail?

mz mz at infomagic.net
Fri Mar 13 11:18:26 MST 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009 09:55:46 am Bob Elzer wrote:
> Have you tried verifying the cd after the burn ? (copy the files back
> and compare them ?)

Doh! Not yet (feeling a little sheepish).

> "CD-R substrate" does this mean different vendor CD's ? If not, could
> you have a bad batch of CD's

I meant the physical composition of the media. Back in the day this
could have an affect. I used four different physical compositions by
three different vendors.

> I concur maybe a slower speed.

Generally I burn at 4x because I'm not in any hurry.

> Do you frequently use your tray as a cup holder ? (to determine your
> computer savvy level) :-)

(In my best Keeanu Reeves impersonation) Woh! There's a cup holder?
Doood, where is it?

Looks like it's time to get a new drive.