Ubuntu 8.10 and PPTP routes

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Mar 9 14:54:35 MST 2009

Hi Joe,

There appears to be a known bug in 8.10 pptp:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-pptp/+bug/259168

The link describes the ways the Ubuntu community is getting around this change in Network-Manager.

Many just layer over the .6 source (which is a regression), while setting locks package management, until the issues are addressed in the development tree.

That would certainly be my solution, as an experienced C source builder and package admin.

The instructions are there in the links, and you want to backup completely the original source in case something gets schnerbed.

Nosis| Obnosis | (503)754-4452

PLUG Linux Security Labs 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM