Ubuntu 8.10 and PPTP routes

Joe Fleming joe at selectitaly.com
Mon Mar 9 09:27:30 MST 2009

I recently bought a new laptop and of course I threw Ubuntu on here
(64-bit no less). Everything is running smoothly and I've got most of
what I need installed. My problem is routing with the new PPTP GUI in
network-manager.

I have PPTP to the office working just fine, but in 8.04, you could
specify that the VPN connection should only be used for a specific IP or
range of IPs (10.5.1.0/24 in my case). They changed the interface in
8.10 and when I try to set up the rules there, all the traffic that
SHOULD go to the office gets dropped. I searched a little on Google, but
apparently most people just let all of their traffic go through their
VPNs, and most tutorials are for 8.04 and older.

Anyone know the trick for routing VPN traffic in 8.10? I'll take help
with network-manager-pptp or editing config files, it makes no
difference to me.

-Joe