Free current issue Linux Format 24hrs!

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:36:19 MST 2009

>>I don't know (IANAL). I think it's pretty cheesy of them though to use the
"limited time" pitch and then use a >>torrent for distribution. Stupid (or
maybe not-so-stupid?) marketing scam.

You would rather thousands of people hit your server and download the pdf
and the 4GB iso all at the same time and crash the server, and then only ten
people got the complete file. LOL

P2P makes perfect sense to distribute the load, even when they pull the
torrent, people still in the process of downloading will be able to finish
from the peers. There just won't be a link to start any more downloads.