HDTV as a monitor -- high def?

Sir Light sirlight at cox.net
Tue Mar 3 09:30:03 MST 2009

Hello Ryan,

> My parents have just purchased a FREAKING HUGE 55" Visio HDTV, so epic win.
>

> Question: How much work, if any does it take to run in full resolution
> 1920x1080, if this is possible. I'm not expecting progressive scan or
> anything fancy, just native HD.
> Is this possible/how much work is it to make possible on Kunewbtu? I already
> see myself upgrading the RAM and harddrive on this box mighty fast ;)

I have a Samsung 56 inch TV/Monitor with all kinds of connections like VGA, DVI, HDMI.

If by RGB you mean VGA, then it shouldn't be any problems connecting that bad boy to the PC. I'm running Fedora 10 with mine and it just comes up in the MAX rez of 1920x1080p.

Just make sure you read the TV monitor's manual to see IF it can connected to a PC and what rez. Not all big-screen tvs can do so.

Jon