Certifications as a means of gaining knowlage

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Sun Jun 28 14:17:47 MST 2009

I too do not believe certifications are worth much. With the exception of a
selling point to customers who don't know better or to help lower your
insurance premiums.  That said they CAN be a good path to focus your
learning and gain knowledge however that knowledge is not usually worth more
then a few months of intensive on the job training.

On a side note I am mojor pet peve, in that I hate companies that requier
certain certifications for emplyment... If I were to colect ever cert I have
seen "requierd" for job I was otherwise well qualified for I would have to
spend about two years and about $100K to obtain them. At which point I could
get a few years of use and then have to repeat the process ;)

If you want your people to have a prticuler cert you higher the person and
make continued employment contengent on getting the cert.