Kmail or Evolution?

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Jul 30 14:04:13 MST 2009

On Thursday 30 July 2009 01:40:18 pm Francis Earl wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 07:08 -0700, mike Enriquez wrote:
> > Which of these email clients do you like (Kmail or Evolution); and why?
>
> I personally prefer Evolution for a few different reasons, amongst them,
> calendar and contacts import more easily from Google sites. Also, one
> thing that is seriously annoying about using Kmail is the fact you can't
> view the next message easily from the one you're currently reading - you
> have to close one mail window, find where you're at in your list of
> e-mails, and then open the next one.
>
> I do like the presentation of Kmail - especially in 4.2 - though. The
> default interface, grouping by date and more graphically structured is
> definitely nice to look at. Evolution simply provides more useful
> features, and despite not being as nice to look at, is just more
> complete and ready for my needs.

I guess, if you do not use a preview pane for viewing your messages, in which case you press the left < or right > arrows on your keyboard to view the next or previous messages, you would not be able to easily view the next message because you have "opened" a message to its own window. I'm not aware of any other email client that when you open a message to its own window, a simple key stroke will close the window and open the next message in a new window.

Or am I missing something here?

nathan

--

Nathan England