OT: The palm PRE ("with webOS")

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Mon Jul 13 16:40:48 MST 2009

I don't know anything about this [new?] "PRE" phone:
http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/
but I heard something about it, today, while I was on hold
with "Sprint PCS" customer service.

((my daughter's [Sprint] cell phone had been in a status
  of "lost or stolen" -- we didn't know which.  We had
  it disabled, since it might have been "stolen".
  Now, it has been found.  So, the call today
  to "Sprint PCS" customer service, was to have
  the phone re-enabled.))

The reason I am writing here (to PLUG) is that I saw sopmething
that is maybe not "100%" OT ["off topic"].  A blurb for a video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnlzbuLRwM)
on YouTube about this "PRE" phone,
(that showed up among the "hits" from a search engine) said
<< "
*Palm Pre* <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnlzbuLRwM>
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJRnlzbuLRwM&ei=HLxbSvrfMIzAsgPA_-mrCg&sa=X&oi=video_result&resnum=3&ct=thumbnail&usg=AFQjCNFATDfpwdgaIT3HV9x6QJjxeSSfrA>3
min 6 sec - Jan 8, 2009 -

[image: Rated 4.5 out of 5.0]

Here is a video tour of the *Palm Pre* with webOS

" >>
...and the part about "webOS" struck me as potentially sorta "software
related".
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ